Microchipping is a form of permanent identification for your pet that cannot be lost or removed. Without ID, 90% of lost pets never return home. The HomeAgain national pet registry is available by phone 24/7 and has reunited more than 600,000 pets to their homes.
Your pet’s microchip number will be registered for you at the hospital at the time of placement. Once your pet’s unique number has been registered it will be good forever. In addition to lifetime registration you will receive the HomeAgain annual member benefits free for one year with the cost of the microchip. After a year HomeAgain requires you to renew your membership for a small fee, if you wish to continue receiving the annual benefits. If you do not wish to renew your membership benefits rest assured your pet will still be in the lost pet recovery network.
Annual member benefits with HomeAgain include:
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline: Telephone assistance from licensed ASPCA veterinarians
- Rapid Lost Pet Alerts: Dedicated Recovery Specialists send real-time lost pet alerts to HomeAgain veterinarians, shelters, and PetRescuers in the area
- Personalized Lost Pet Posters: Create your Lost Pet Poster on the HomeAgain website and begin your search immediately
- 24/7 Lost Pet Specialists: When your pet is found, HomeAgain is contacted and validates your pet’s unique ID code and then contacts you to arrange the reunion
- Travel Assistance for Found Pets: Your HomeAgain membership covers up to $500 in pet airfare when your dog or cat is found over 500 miles away
After your pet’s microchip has been registered, HomeAgain will send you an e-mail with more information about your membership. At that time, you can create an online account, confirm your contact information, and complete your pet’s profile.
Even if your pet is already micro chipped, you can still enroll your pets microchip number with HomeAgain and receive all the benefits of membership.
If you do not renew your membership, your pet’s microchip will still be listed in the national pet registry. For this reason it is extremely important to update your contact information on the HomeAgain website periodically so you can be contacted if your pet is lost.